To formulate standard and individualized diets. Visit patients concerning their diets, supervise patient tray service, supervise “Catering to You” program and supervise the kitchen in the absence of the Food Service Director.
1. Makes daily patient rounds and charts in medical record according to established procedure.
2. Monitors patient appetite, weight and lab values and informs therapeutic Dietitian of any changes in patient orders.
3. Reviews returned patient menus daily for diet changes, write-ins.
4. Records calories and sodium intake, diabetic exchanges, type of diet, diet prescriptions, and patient diet changes.
5. Responsible for opening and closing of the cafeteria and kitchen.