Site location will vary based on staffing needs (Canton, Potsdam and Gouverneur MRI coverage)
Operates MRI equipment and ancillary support systems to perform MRI procedures per provider orders. This is in accordance with approved techniques, policies and regulatory standards as established by regulatory agencies, standards and policies set forth by the organization. Adheres to the professional standards of the NYS Department of Health and American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
1. Performs MRI procedures to utilizing the principles and knowledge of anatomy, positioning and MRI techniques.
2. Assists radiologist in the performance MRI interventional procedures and provides appropriate images for interpretation.
3. Follows all regulatory and organizational guidelines for patient/staff screening and MRI Safety and provides MRI safety education to anyone who may have contact with the MRI equipment.
4. Follows organizational standards to include but not limited to patient identification, patient education, consents, and order verification and infection control.
5. Participates in all QA/QC procedures as designated and maintains standards of these programs. This includes processes involving MRI equipment, image quality, documentation and MRI safety.