Performs diagnostic radiological procedures in accordance with approved techniques and standards as established by the radiologist, governing and professional bodies. Assists radiologist in fluoroscopy and special procedure examinations. Performs administrative duties as set forth by policies and procedures.
1. Performs Radiology procedures utilizing the principles and knowledge of anatomy, positioning, and Radiologic techniques.
2. Assists radiologist in the performance of Radiology interventional procedures and provides appropriate images for interpretation.
3. Follows all regulatory and organizational guidelines for patient/staff screening and Radiology safety and provides Radiologic safety education to anyone who may have contact with the Radiologic equipment.
4. Follows organizational standards to include but not limited to patient identification, patient education, consents, and order verification and infection control.
5. Participates in all QA/QC procedures as designated and maintains standards of these programs. This includes processes involving Radiologic equipment, image quality, documentation and Radiologic safety.
Preferred: One year work experience in a hospital setting.