Utilize electronic medical record (EMR) modules and other office equipment to perform all clerical tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Works in collaboration with physicians (MD, DO), Physician Assistants (PA), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), and Nurse Practitioner (NP).
1. Responsible for performance of and adhering to all standards and processes established for the requirements of clerical activities within the medical practice. Including, but not limited to, scheduling, all activities of telephone contact with patients, filing, record preparation, collection of monies, etc. Assist patients with questions regarding clinical charges and basic insurance benefits. Documents and assists in documentation of all essential patient encounter information in the electronic medical record (EMR), or other means as appropriate.
2. Works with all providers in maintenance of patient schedules for regular office visits. Accommodate adjustments to schedules based on provider’s needs. Participates in patient and/or caregiver education as requested by providers.
3. Effectively controls practice expenses through efficient use of medical and clerical supplies. Appropriately documents accurately and complete all CPT and/or ICD codes for treatments performed during a patient encounter.
4. Works with PPM management team to comply with all established standards required under the accreditation standards of Det Norske Veritas (DNV). Is knowledgeable of state and federal healthcare standards, as appropriate. Accesses appropriate resources through the PPM management team regarding DNV standards, federal (CMS), State of New York statutes, rules and regulations under all applicable federal and state, departments and acts collaboratively with PPM leadership team.
5. Participates in ad hoc projects, as assigned.