The licensed practical nurse performs tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding, reinforces health teaching, health counseling, and provision of supportive and restorative care under the direction of a licensed health care provider.
1. Collects patient data to be used by the licensed health care provider in the comprehensive care of the patient. Obtains vital signs, allergies, current medications, medical history, social history, family history, and chief complaint, and documents them appropriately in the electronic medical record.
2. Responsible to identify problems within the practice and communicates them to their manager. Assists in maintaining a clean and organized department to ensure a safe patient care environment. Supports all initiatives of the health care team and promotes excellence in customer service. Participates in ad hoc projects as assigned.
3. Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care according to nursing standards of practice. Prepares charts for the providers in order to assure that the needed information is present on each chart before the patient is seen in the office.
4. Provides routine nursing care and treatment to patients under the direction of the licensed health care provider, collects specimens, performs medication reconciliation and administration, and assists providers with simple procedures. Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service policies and procedures.
5. Efficiently uses medical and clerical supplies in order to help effectively control practice expenses. Appropriately documents all treatments performed during patient encounters and adds the appropriate CPT code as required.
6. Wound care knowledge would be preferred.