1. Performs a comprehensive patient assessment to identify patient needs.
2. Develops and implements a comprehensive, individualized plan of care.
- implements the plan of care utilizing the following interventions:
- Protect the patient from injury caused by chemical, laser, positioning, thermal sources and extraneous objects.
- Perform count procedures in accordance with policy to protect patient from retained foreign objects.
- Perform interventions to assure correct patient, correct site, side and level.
- Manage the patient’s specimens appropriately.
-Administer medications appropriately
- Perform interventions to protect the patient from infection.
- Perform interventions to maintain the patients normothermia throughout the perioperative period.
- Perform interventions to maintain the patients base-line physical status
- Provide culturally competent, age-appropriate, ethical care within scope of practice.
- Protect the patient’s rights and dignity.
- collaborates effectively with other disciplines.
- Maintain required competencies
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy of all appropriate information
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.