Responsible for maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control, using standard recipes for appropriate quantities needed to meet menu requirements. Responsible for bread and produce inventory and order preparation as needed.
1. Prepares food for cafeteria and patients, including patients on modified or restricted diets.
2. Reviews production sheets daily to ensure the proper amount is food is prepared.
3. Reviews menu daily to ensure proper presentation of food.
4. Receives food deliveries and compares requisitions with items delivered. Takes physical inventory of products and prepares orders for vendors.
5. Ensures proper food temperature and records temperature data appropriately.